Chair intros: Joanne


Hello delegates!

My name is Joanne Qi, and I am delighted and excited to be your head chair for SOCHUM at BMUN 67! I'm a junior at Berkeley studying electrical engineering and computer science, with a minor in art history. This is my third year as a member of BMUN (previously, I was a chair for NGO Forum and UNDELC) and my seventh year in the MUN community.

Outside of BMUN, I am a member of ANova, a teaching organization that goes to under-resourced schools in the Bay Area to teach computer science. (Mild plug: if you want to learn more about computer science, come to Anova Hacks!) If you have any questions about CS at Berkeley and all the opportunities available on campus, please don't hesitate to reach out at sochumlxvii@bmun.org.

In my free time, I like playing board games, drawing, and going to concerts! Some of my favorite games are Avalon and Ascension, and some of the artists I've been lucky enough to see live are Childish Gambino, Bleachers, and Rina Sawayama :)

Feel free to introduce yourselves in the comments of this or the other intro posts forthcoming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Article: Aging Population Rates Affecting Economies of Asian Countries

Position paper guidelines

Digital Human Rights Concerns